Library Daily Happenings: Franklin Library
June, 1952: “For the most part the reference questions were the general run of the mill type:
- How to make dandelion wine (at least five patrons asked for this).
- Is there a legend attached to the girl’s name of Linnea?
- What are the differences in the European map of 1914 and that of 1952?
- Are to-days parents really problem parents in the eyes of their children?
- As much material as possible about Francisco Villa.
- How to improve ones golf game.
- Who was the greatest ball player, Babe Ruth or Ty Cobb?
- How to build a small sail boat.”
Ask us and we’ll answer.
Minneapolis Public Library Daily Happenings were recorded by branch managing librarians and submitted in monthly reports. Read more library stories from the MPL archive in Special Collections.
This week is National Library Week (April 13-19). Hennepin County Library invites you, our patrons, to share how library services, spaces, and staff support YOU! Post to Tumblr, or visit us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Google+ to share your stories using the hashtag #myHCL.